Author Topic: I took in 2 new ones!  (Read 87 times)

Offline Brekkesmom

• Wonder Wiener
I took in 2 new ones!
« Topic Start: October 03, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »
Hi, all! On September 4 - the one-year anniversary of my beloved Brekke's passing, I went to visit a husband and wife who had a dachshund and a dachshund mix. A different fellow teacher told me about this couple. The wife's mother needs round-the-clock care, and they felt they were no longer spending enough quality time with the girls. As I walked back to their family room, I told them I'd sit on the floor, and proceeded to be investigated by their furkids. One is red, 7 to 8 years old, full dachshund, and now known as Mirrim. The other is black with a white streak on her chest, 5 years old, and I would say she is about 3/4 dachshund. She is now known as Lessa. After about an hour, the couple asked if I would take them and I agreed. My trunk was soon filled with all but their doghouse, which I declined. They apparently used the doghouse if they left in the evenings.                                                                                                                                                                                               Since I got them on Brekke's Bridge Day, I renamed them with characters from Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels. They learned to use the dog door in the dining room the very first evening, and a week later, when I got their nails trimmed at the vets' office(same vet!) I got them new name tags with their new names. They have adjusted very well to having an older brother, and learned their new names in 2 days. We are doing quite well, and Lessa has a lot of energy, so I took her Friday night for the walk my church sisters and I take at a local park. She seemed to really enjoy it and we did about 3 miles, which is usual.
owned and operated by Bastian, Mirrim, Lessa, and forever by angels Heidi, Gretl, Siglen, Sorcha, Brekke, Rowan, and Robinton.